Monday, February 14, 2011

TIP: New Engine Storage Box

This isn't a new idea, just new for me.

I'd always kept my engines in my old range box.
Not every engine I have, but just what I might need at a launch.

At schoolyard launches I run the risk of a young spectator reaching in my range box and taking an engine or two when I was away retrieving a rocket.

Now I leave the bulk of my engines at home in this new box.

While I bought mine at WalMart, the closest I could find it online is the Flambeau Tuff-Taner # 5007 HERE

By sliding in the blue wall pieces, you can make the compartments any size you want.

From the top, I divided the compartments into fourths. Five 18mm or eight 13mm engines will fit in each divided compartment.
I keep my engines in small zip-lock jewelry bags.

Along the bottom are igniters. From the left to right are MicroMaxx, Quest Q2G2 and Estes igniters.
I used an small Brother Home and Hobby label printer for all the outside lid engine designations.

At a glance I know what I've got left and what I need to pick up the next time I print out a 40% off coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment