Saturday, March 17, 2012

Dr. Zooch SLS Build Part 21 Engine Mount Gluing

The line at the top is your index line.
The corrugated or Saturn V style wraps start on this line.
The seam on your boattail shroud should also line up on the index line. This way the seam won't be noticed at the side, under the SRBs.

The lower line is the Feeder Line placement line. The engine hook lines up on this.

If you are wondering where the corrugated wraps went, I won't be using them. I decided to use the provided Saturn V wraps. They will be glued on after the core tube is painted white.




My boattail fit wasn't as good as I would have liked. This is a dry fit of the engine mount.
I ended up sanding the end of the tube a bit so the shroud would fit it all the way around.






After the mount was glued in place, a dowel was rolled over the edge to smooth out any raised card stock.
This works when the card stock is still wet and malleable.

No comments:

Post a Comment