Monday, March 5, 2012

Dr. Zooch SLS Build Part 3 Centering Rings


TIP: Anytime you get a black laser cut centering ring, chances are it's made from the Letramax material.
Laser cutting leaves these ring edges very sooty.
Wipe off the edges with a paper towel. Trust me on this, that black soot will get on everything!




Most all the Dr. Zooch kits have a rounded notch cut in the centering rings already. This kit did not.
You are directed to cut 1/8" square notches in one of the large and the smaller ring.
I drew the notches before cutting.





Here's the rings with the square notches cut.

2 comments:

  1. Something I like about Letramax is that I can cut the notch cleanly and perfectly with a file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's a great material for centering rings and doesn't delaminate when you cut through it.

    ReplyDelete