Monday, March 19, 2012

Tampa TTRA Launch March 17, 2012

You can see how many cars were lined up for the Tampa TTRA launch on March 17. Sorry, no launch shots yet!



Lonnie Buchanon preps his new, larger Angry Bird for a drag race with my PIGASUS.
Both had C engines, a C6-3 in the Angry Bird and a C6-5 in Pigasus.
I knew I should have painted my pig green.







Charlie Sharp made a beautiful carded Saturn 1B, flown with a C6-5.
Charlie is an ambitious modeler, he also flew a scratch built three stager.
It'll need a little more nose weight, the 1B did some skywriting.






Marie and Mike Nipper tried the Easter Egg again with a D12-5.
It was loaded with Easter candy and prizes.
It was unstable, but the kids didn't care, they quickly picked up all the "hidden" eggs.





While the blog build continues, my Dr. Zooch SLS is actually finished.
It's maiden flight was with a C6-5. Stable boost with a slow roll.
Two of my models had slow opening parachutes opening 100' above the ground.







Astron Mike launched the biggest glider I'd ever seen.
This is his Maxi Astron SST with an I225.
After a majestic boost the internal pod didn't fully eject. The C/G was thrown off and the SST had a stalling glide.
This was an unusual flight for Mike, his gliders just circle and glide . . .


My also flowns:
MAXI ALPHA flew to 625' with a C11-5. Beautiful first flight with a long walk to recover under an 18" parachute.
MMX SKYWRITER This well worn micro pencil flew to nearly 150' and returned under a small streamer. It's hard to follow these when you are more than 10' away from the launcher.
Rebuilt RED MAX with a C6-5. After the last long walk, the 18" parachute was reefed.

No comments:

Post a Comment