Monday, August 27, 2012

Estes V2 Build Part 32 Final Stripe Positioning


Remember how the 3/8" wide strip wouldn't fit around the nose cone taper without buckling? The bottom of the strip was smooth but the top half was starting to lift.

I decided to cut two thinner strips 3/16" wide and set one on top of the other.
With the stripes being narrower they both fit the circumference better.
From a foot away nobody will notice.



There is one very thin nose cone line shown on the Stine drawings. I thought I'd try the Contact trim paper (vinyl) again.

I drew a pencil line (as best I could) 2 7/8" from the tip of the nose cone.
A trim line was cut just under 1/16" wide.




It's hard to lay this line down straight.
Because it is so thin you can easily move it up of down with a fingernail.

No comments:

Post a Comment