Thursday, August 30, 2012

Midget Clone Build Part 2 Parts Huh?



I don't know why fin templates were included.
Compared to the laser cut Semroc fins they weren't even the right size!

I trust Semroc knowing the larger laser cut fins are correct.

On the same card stock sheet with the fin templates was a printed shroud.

The height of the shroud should be the height of the lower root edge half of the sustainer fin.
You can see how short it is.

The paper stock of the supplied shroud is too thin and not usable.
I'll go to PayloadBay.com:
http://www.payloadbay.com/index.php?page=Tools&action=TRANS
and make a new one using the transition tool.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's kinda pathetic on Semroc's part. Are they even checking the fit of their kit parts before selling them?

    I know YOU would be able to fix misfit problems like this but I doubt a 10 year-old would know how...or even me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful -
    This is not the new Semroc kit!
    It was a clone I bought off EBAY about a year ago.
    Semroc may have cut the fins for this kit, I don't know for sure. Semroc kits are first rate, they wouldn't have let this happen.
    I wasn't going to build this clone kit until I read the new Semroc Midget instructions that showed how to mount the "T" engines in the 18mm casings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, didn't read close enough. My bad.

    ReplyDelete