Monday, April 3, 2017

A Typical Full Day of Rocket Work

I probably do too much rocket building. I'm single and can get away with it.
Here's some of what I did on Sunday April 2, from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.



Yesterdays launches were recorded into my Flight Log on RocketReviews.com
This free service is a great way to keep track of your flights.




An upcoming blog build got and engine mount with a launch lug glued in line with the engine hook.
For me it's easier to glue in the mount, glue the lug then wrap the marking guide for the fin placement. This way I'm not trying to line up the engine hook placement when the glue starting to set.





All of yesterdays flown models were cleaned up.
After that lead line hang up there were some repairs on the Quinstar. The thin open bottom braces can crack.





The Ebay sold MR Little Joe I had been returned with some damage. Two fins were torn off and the tower had to be replaced.

Here's the single orange fin after the mask was removed.





A bottom platform had to be made for the vacu-form canopies for the upcoming Odd'l Rockets F-16 kit.
Out of the twenty canopies were formed, ten weren't satisfactory and were thrown away. With any new tool you've got to expect some waste while you figure out how to get consistent parts.


That upcoming build got a painting wand slipped in the back end and some paper towel to block paint from the engine mount.
Both models were sprayed with Duplicolor Filler/Primer and sanded with some old 220 grit sandpaper.

Later tonight I'll print up more Odd'l Rocket kit instructions, fold and collate them.
Some days I really enjoy the hobby and business. But on days like today - enough is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment