Friday, April 28, 2017

MPC X2 Invader Build, Part 2, Engine Mount


I replaced the engine hook with one of my own.
The kit didn't include an engine block. I added a 5/20 centering ring for an engine block.

The engine hook end was slipped through a slot cut into the tube end.
Just enough Scotch tape was pressed over the hook to hold it into place. Too much tape (or a full wrap) won't allow the tube to slip into the plastic fin can.





A small slot is cut into the engine block and a length of 150 lb. Kevlar tied around the ring.







The instructions show the engine mount tube being even with the flat end of the fin can. I glued my mount with a very slight bit extending out the back. This allows for a fillet to be applied. Fillets were added on the top and the bottom.

I used the Beacon Fabri-Tac glue for all plastic to plastic and tubing to plastic joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment