Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Carded MMX Estes Sky Writer Post 4


To roll card stock tubes, I use Eric Truax's "dry iron" technique.
When I first read about this technique I thought it couldn't work. I was very surprised by the great results.

Here a smooth coating of white glue is layed across the glue tab. I'm spreading out the glue using the backside of a razor blade. I like using a flat blade because I can push the glue right up to the yellow color line.

Let it dry completely before proceeding.

This small strip of card stock will need some "training" before it'll roll into a tube.
Always wash and dry your hands before doing any paper forming.

I set the card stock printed side down in the fleshy heel of my hand. Progressively smaller dowels are pressed and drawn across the card stock (away from you) to get it to curve.

Pre
-rolling cardstock will prevent creases from showing on a finished model.
I no longer pull shrouds over a table edge to get them to curve. I pre-roll them as shown here.

No comments:

Post a Comment