Sunday, July 4, 2010

TLP Phoenix 1.6" Lining Up Fins

I wanted to be sure the tops of the upper four fins were all lined up.

The lower four fins were easy enough, they were flush with the bottom of the body tube.
The larger upper fins are spaced 5/8" from the lower fins.

After the first upper fin was in place (at 5/8" spacing from the lower) I made a paper wrap around the top of the tube. It was just tight enough that I could slide it up and down and against the small, square leading edge of the upper fins.
If you look closely, you can see the penciled fin alignment line. I don't draw lines down the entire length of the tube. Sometimes pencil lines will show up through a light base color like white or yellow.


After the fins is set in place, I slid the paper wrap down onto the leading edge of the fin already in place.

Even though I "eyeballed" the initial placement of the second fin, I still had to slide it forward to match the first fin leading edge placement.



2 comments:

  1. I'm reading your blog from the start, because you have sooooooo much good info contained. You may do this now, but on the previous blog you refereed to a method. Do you or could you hyper link those to an explanation of the term or method?

    Scott.

    Oh, and do you have videos? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scott,
    I don't know what "method" you are referring to . . . Sorry!
    Give me more of a description of what I was trying to do.
    There is no videos. that would involve a camera and too much editing time.
    The blog is quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete