Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Micro Clip Problem on new Estes Controller


I recently retired my old Estes Launch Controller and pulled this one from a new Starter Set.
This morning I "Lone Wolf" launched at a nearby schoolyard.

When trying to connect up the ignitor leads, I couldn't get a grip on the micro clips!
The one at the top is how it came with the Starter Set. Older clips are flat, not "domed". They were near to impossible to press open without flipping around between your fingers.
Luckily I had some small pliers and I flattened them out. The serration on the inside edges of the pliers scratched some grooves into the now flat thumb pad. Now they work fine.

Before giving a starter kit to a first timer, save him (or her) a lot of frustration and make this adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment