Saturday, July 24, 2010

John's EMRR Photo Contest Entry

My friend John Bishop has been a Odd'l Rockets supporter and flyer since I started the company. We get together to trade rocketry stories at the monthly Bunnell, Florida N.E.F.A.R. launches.

John had an interest in competiton and I suggested the online EMRR Challenge. The Challenge is a great way to expand and try a few things you wouldn't normally do in a weekend launch. I think these pictures are his way of getting even for my suggestion.

Here's entry #6 in the EMRR Double Vision Photo Contest:









"Chris and I are prepping the twin Squatty Body rockets for their moment in glory. A moment of robot dancing overcomes us both. Note the finely applied details and paint, similar in color yet diverse in effect."
"Chris Capturing the moment. If one ever wondered what 30+ years of rocketry do to someone . . . check out the hair. Next time he needs to back up when he hears the countdown!"

Well, John - it was windy that day! I started in rocketry in 1969, off and on I've been doing this for 41 years. You'd think I would have figured it out by now!

You can vote (for John's entry) at:
http://www.rocketreviews.com.contests/photo_contest22.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment