Thursday, July 8, 2010

Trim Monokote


Pictured to the left is a use of Trim Monokote, the thin chrome bands on my Centuri Groove Tube clone.

Trim Monokote is probably the best accent material out there. The Groove Tube was one of the first models I cloned after getting back into the hobby six years ago.
I wanted to replicate the chrome trim that was supplied with the original kit.



These chrome bands have been on the model for six years and show no fading or lifting from the surface.

I recently bought some Yellow and Blue Trim Monokote for the color bands for the TLP Phoenix build. It'll be much easier than masking or making "one shot" decals.
If memory serves me, Trim Monokite is around $3.50 for a 36" X 5" sheet. Any hobby shop that sells model planes should have it.
This is not the rolled iron-on Monokote, but the separate, long sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment