Saturday, July 24, 2010

MX-774 Kitbash Part 1 Parts


At present, Michael's Craft Store is clearing out the Estes kits and engines.

I'd already built a Estes Bull Pup 12D, but it was a little tough to pass up the clearance price.
The plans for a sport scale MX-774 by A. Roger Wilfong are at:
It's a kit-bash of the Estes Bull Pup 12D kit using the engine mount, nose cone and tailcone. You supply a longer BT-55 and some 1/16" balsa.

I always wanted one, but never built the old Centuri kit. This version will be a bigger at around 16 1/2" tall. The Centuri kit was a short 11" tall.

To the left in the picture are the extras going into my spare parts box.The white body tube and everything to the right are the parts I will use for the build. I still have to find a 1/12" diameter dowel.

1 comment:

  1. I cleared my closest Michaels out of C11 and D12's. When I went to the other one, I was too late. Have checked one other and they had no rockets at all anymore. Now, none have any motors. As for kits, the 'clearance' isn't as good a deal and some aren't on sale yet. And they are picked over. I got one Blackbird. I'll miss the motors at 40-50% off! :(

    ReplyDelete