Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stellar (Centuri) Wadding

Don't ask me where I found this. I have a second package marked down to $.25! Judging by the marked down price it had to be from a hobby store in the late 1970s.

At the time, Centuri was trying to expand into mass merchandising with the Stellar line. The Stellar kits were boxed, not bagged. Semroc has brought back one of the Stellar rockets - the Spartan.


Over 35 years ago I opened the package to see what I'd bought. It's obvious it was nothing more than flameproof party streamer material. The pieces are rectangular, roughly 3" X 5".
The package states: "Specially Selected and Prepared." Oh, come on! It's a party streamer!

The next day I hit the party section of a department store, found flameproof crepe paper and I started cutting my own wadding.

No comments:

Post a Comment