Sunday, July 4, 2010

WELCOME TO THE MODEL ROCKET BUILDING BLOG!

While I've been active posting on The Rocketry Forum and EMRR, I wanted a place to archive my construction methods and builds.
Everyone has their own "proven" ways of building rockets. This blog is not written to say I have all the right techniques. I just know what works for me and am always open for a better way to get it done.
Who knows? Someone might just pick up a new technique or be inspired to improve on what is written here.

In some posts, you might see a complete build from start to finish, then a follow up with launch results.
Other days, I could post the results of tests using different masking tapes.
Let me know where to take it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chris thx for the invite,looking forward to reading up on more tips n stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a 60yo BAR from 15y ago when I spent a short time discovering model rocketry for the first time. Life got in the way and had to set it aside. Since rediscovering the enjoyment of low power rocketry, I've been reading many of your post, mostly picking a topic under labels and putting together a 'how to' on building a rocket. It's very interesting to see you discover new methods and to use different methods when needed. Between you, TRF and Apogee, I may one day build a rocket to my satisfaction. Until then I'll enjoy putting fins on crooked, making glue blobs and painting over rough surfaces. THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your time and efforts!

    ReplyDelete