Monday, August 23, 2010

Cheap Rocketry Supplies


Years back, I'd been to dollar stores but they weren't part of a national chain. Before today I wasn't impressed. These "wanna-be" stores sold things in multiples of a dollar and many of the brands looked questionable. The cashier spoke broken English.

A new Dollar Tree store opened up this week.

The 3 pack of Super Glue, 50 yard roll of masking tape and 3 pack of break off blade knives are for my range box. The gloves and foam brushes (8 pack) are for finishing.

Five items, Five bucks plus tax.

Next door to the Dollar Tree is a Home Depot. Home Depot's foam brushes were $.50 each. HDs gloves - $1.98. Snap off blade knives, $1.49 each. A three-pack of CA glue was $1.98. the only comparably priced item was the masking tape, a "utility" brand for $1.00.

I know this is nothing new to some, but I honestly haven't been in a Dollar Store for years. I was disillusioned by my previous experience and didn't see any need to go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment