Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Enerjet 1340 build Monokote Trim Part 8


I've already placed the 1/2" band of aluminum trim on the lower end of the body tube.

The fin can was slid down to the 1/2" trim band. The largest aluminum trim is last, by now I've had practice for the most difficult wrap.

Look close and you can see the seams were filled with Carpenter's Wood Filler. The trim film is very thin, body tube seams will show through the surface.

You can see in the picture, once again I only removed about 1/4" of the backing material for placement on the alignment line.


Here's the fin can with the molded launch lug. I didn't think ahead about the body tube peeking out of the front of the tapered lug opening. I cut a small piece from scrap aluminum trim. I set it on the tip of my knife and set it inside over the exposed tube. It butts up against the black trim band.


No comments:

Post a Comment