Friday, August 20, 2010

Contest - Full Circle


I got a small package in the mail today from Semroc.
I wasn't expecting an order, that came last week.

I was surprised to receive a special edition Sky Hook kit signed by Bill Simon. That's Mr. Simon on the cover of the instruction booklet. He's looking over a Bomarc model.
This was one of the kits given to participants at the recent NARAM.

I won a contest held on the Ye Olde Rocket Forum where Carl McLawhorn asked for Sky Hook stories. I wrote a poem about a 1972 Estes Craftsmanship Contest where I entered a Sky Hook and won a gift certificate. A replica model was built and posted on this blog.


Check out the parts from the back of the bag.
This version does have the (correct) BT-30 tube.
The engine block is a hollow balsa, like the original from 1963.
There is 18" of yellow elastic shock cord, plenty for a model from the past when ejection charges weren't as strong.
To all the guys at Semroc - a BIG Thank You!


No comments:

Post a Comment