Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cloud Hopper Gooney MMX Downscale

Stop me before I Goon again!
Well, I'm too deep to turn back now.
This one was different.
In studying the old Estes catalogs, the rabbit is orange with red outlined stickers for the arms, legs and ears.
But the instructions tell you to paint it yellow.
I decided to go with the yellow to give it a better contrast.
Check out that dental work! I had to buy a fine point Sharpie to draw on the whiskers, nose and outline the teeth.
I remember building the kit version years ago and being disappointed in the stickers. They were badly cut, the red outlines weren't centered and there was no stickers for the face. You were told to draw in on yourself. It was tedious this time around, drawing over the curved top of a BNC-5V.
That launch lug is made from a Bic pen ink barrel.
What a realistic launch picture!
(Imagine the dowel isn't there.)
If you are a Patreon supporter, email me at: oddlrockets@bellsouth.net and request the MMX Cloud Hopper PDF.
The PDF has both the yellow and orange versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment