Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Freedom 7 Build Part 2 Capsule

The wrap sheet has four different capsule wraps to choose from -
The Freedom 7, Liberty Bell, plain Mercury Capsule and the gray and orange boilerplate version. I close the Freedom 7 skin.
I didn't cut out the Freedom 7 wrap at first. I cut out the boilerplate I wasn't going to use - for practice.
This way I could check out the fit and the glue tab length.

I went ahead, glued the tab and let it dry. It was slid over the nose cone capsule. It fit over the top but when it was pulled down the top it split open.





Here you can see the recovery compartment area (above the pencil line) has a slight taper.







I sanded down the taper and tried a dry re-fit using a second wrap I didn't want for the final model.

The seam and printed areas matched up well.

No comments:

Post a Comment