Saturday, August 14, 2010

NEFAR Launch, Bunnell, FL 8-14-10

I drove up to Bunnell, Florida with Roger Smith (JonRocket.com) for the N.E.F.A.R. launch today.
I launched five until the heat got to be too much.

My downscale Sky Writer flew very high for an MMX engine to the surprise of some.
When I was dropping off my flight card someone asked if they could borrow my pencil to fill out their flight card. He laughed when I told him I was going to fly it.

The Quest Nike Smoke had it's first flight on a Estes C6-5.
My MX-774 kitbash flew on a Quest B6-4 with no problems.

I had a low altitude flight on the Saucer featured in an earlier blog post. It labored under a Estes C6-3.
I was busy talking when the BP Quest FLIC was launched.
I heard it got great altitude for a A10-3t.




John Bishop with his beautifully detailed Quest Force V upscale.
On it's first flight, a little spiral - two of the three D12s lit.
Still a good flight, with a full ejection of the parachute.





Carl Campbell (of Delta IV Rockets) connects up the clip whips on his Delta II.
There are six A10-plugged engines surrounding a C6-5.
All seven engines ignited for a great flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment