Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sky Hook Build Lettering Part 9



This is from the original Letraset rub-on lettering sheet I used on my Sky Hook entry from 1972. They still rubbed on, but not very easily.

24 point type is actually too small for this model, but it is what I used then.

Through High School and college I had plenty of experience doing this kind of lettering in paste-up or diplomas. Anytime I wanted something centered, I'd make practice wording on a separate sheet of paper and set it on the work surface for positioning.


I laid masking tape down for a baseline reference once I decided what side of the rocket I wanted the lettering line to go.
Those tick marks under the lettering were meant for "proper" spacing. They are actually useless, unless you want the letter spacing to look like it was done on a machine. I only used them for my baseline.

No comments:

Post a Comment