Monday, September 2, 2013

Cancun - Oh Boy! Warning - no rockets here.

Say hello to my leetle friend!
These things roam free down here. I kept my distance until I was told they were harmless.

I'm reserving opinion on the resort venues and shows.
I did go to the first of six "showrooms" last night to check it out. I'll have 30 minutes to eat and set-up my show, something that normally takes three times that long. This room wasn't a theater but a converted disco complete with disco era decor.
I think the banjo and bagpipes will fit right in!

My room is off property. It reminds me of my first apartment I had to share with two other guys.
(Too other really dirty guys.) Needless to say I went to El WalMarto and bought some Clorox wipes.
This could be a good laugh of the longest month of my life.

Update: Did the first show last night.
The single DJ "sound crew" didn't want to help out with what I needed. It seems they don't like outsiders who might actually have an act. I just smiled and thanked him for plugging me in.
I pieced cables together (always carry extra connectors) and had a good show. Not great, but good.

Update, update! I just found Mythbusters on Discovery Channel in English!
Oh, the comforts of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment