Thursday, September 5, 2013

CanCun Update 2 - Warning No Rocketry Content

Mexico's slogan of:
MEXICO - The Land of Enchantment, should be changed to:
MEXICO - The Land of Bad Asphalt

It's amazing to see these HUGE entrance gates with BIG resort names on them, only to drive a half mile down a pot-holed, flooded road to the resort!

I'm adapting well to the "challenges" here, getting better every day.
It's a good thing I brought mic connectors and adapters.

Last night was a surprise.
The driver drove me to the resort "Dreams". Oh boy, an actual stage!
We got there at 7:56 to find out the show started at 8:00!
The hostess said: "Can you be ready in four minutes?"
I was laughing and said a polite: "No!"
We started at 8:15 after a too quick setup of equipment.

I've been to WalMart twice, walked it once and sweated through one change of clothes.
Took the taxi yesterday and bought a LOT of supplies to last a while.
Taxis are "Muy good-oh" - see, I'm learning Spanglish.


Mexico is an adventure, not "Enchanting", just an adventure.
The picture is a Tejon, a Mexican cat-racoon. I didn't get too close after it hissed at me.

Audiences are actually very good. Entertainment support is great one they realize what cables you need.


I did talk to the booker yesterday, I didn't complain, but put a positive spin on things.
Every new long contract has small adjustments. It's all good in the end.

Enjoy America - The Land of Kardashians!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy these updates as much as the rocketry ones! I got back from the Hard Rock all-inclusive Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. It was actually very nice. I was pleasantly surprised. The food was so so, but otherwise very nice. KUTGW!

    ReplyDelete