Friday, September 13, 2013

Cancun Update 3 - Warning! No rocketry content here -

Here's where I'm staying in Mexico.
It looks okay - from the outside! It's really not so bad, but most guests are single guys and they don't keep it very clean.

It's raining again! I'm stuck indoors most days but I'm able to work on rocket kit instructions and the like. The Pigasus (flying pig) rocket is being drawn up!

I've finished up the first two weeks of a four week contract. I play the same five resorts each week. It's getting better, the DJ / sound men now know what I need and mic cables are ready when I arrive.

Show quality and response is much better the more comfortable I become with the worn, outdated equipment and show venues.
The agent has already asked if I m available for two weeks in November. I'm still thinking about my answer.
I did pick up a cruise from Hong Kong to the Philippines in late October. I'd rather be working on a ship with a real stage and sound crew. Oh well, work is work!

No comments:

Post a Comment