Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cancun Update 4 - Warning! No rocketry content here -

Finally something I recognize!
Seeing the "La Casa del Whopper" was funny.

Here's my most recent Mexico chaos - 
I checked last night's online show schedule and my name wasn't listed.
I've worked the past two Sundays and found it unusual.

The agency was emailed but I didn't get an answer. Pick up was normally at 7:30 p.m.
To play it safe I waited downstairs for the driver. There was a knock at the door.

It wasn't a regular driver but a young lady named Carmen.
In broken English she asked if I was "Chris?". I answered "Yes" and we drove the 30 minutes to the resort.
Just as we were figuring out the pick-up time for the drive back, we were approached by one of the entertainment staff.
"What are you doing here? All entertainment is cancelled tonight!"
I didn't know it was Mexican Independence Day.

A meal is part of my contract. I didn't eat last night.
I should have stopped by the La Casa del Whopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment