Sunday, August 1, 2010

MX-774 Kitbash Part 11 Fin Patterns, Tunnels and Servo Pods


To answer some detail questions, I used a combination of Mr. Wilfong's Kitbash and the old Centuri instructions.

In upscaling this model, I had to multiply everything by a factor of 1.456 to get the correct larger sizes.

At the top is my drawing of the Centuri kit size and Mr. Wilfong's kitbash fins, upscaled for the BT-55. I scaled up the Servo Pods - the small rectangles on the lower right end of the fin drawing.
Below are the Centuri instructions, showing a taper on the ends of the servo pods and the body tunnel strips.
Patreon members: If you'd like a printable PDF of the fin drawings,
Email me at: oddlrockets@bellsouth.net. Ask for the V2 Fin PDF.

Centuri had you cut 1/16" basswood strips to 3 1/4" long for the body tunnels. Multiply that by 1.456 and the new upscale tunnel length is 4 73".

I ended up cutting my servo pods to .6" long. The correct .75" looked way to big when compared to the Centuri drawings. I can play a little, This is sport scale model, not true scale.

I cut the strips from a popsicle stick, I didn't have any 1/16" basswood handy.

All the strips were sanded square and sealed with two coats of varnish, sanding between coats.


No comments:

Post a Comment