Sunday, January 9, 2011

ASP Micro Jayhawk Finished!


A Sharpie pen was used to mark the black nose.

I couldn't figure out how to mask it, and hand painting would have left brush marks.

I tried to use the included decals, but the printed images dissolved in the water. The instructions made no mention of spraying them with a clear coat, I assumed it was done before the kit was bagged. Oh well, the model still captures the feel of the Jayhawk.


Here's the flip side showing the conduit.

At 3 3/4" long, This is really a micro model!

All in all, this was a good build. The plastic sheet fins were a new material for me but on a model this size it made good sense. My only disappointment was the dissolving decals.

1 comment:

  1. The Jayhawk looks great! I built the ASP MMX Hawk and Sonda II B a while back - very fiddly! Photos on my Flirk page here http://www.flickr.com/photos/oflittleinterest/5000182045/ I didn't have any problems with the decals, though ?! You should email them, they may be able to send you a new set. Can't hurt to ask!

    ReplyDelete