Monday, January 31, 2011

New Launcher!

I finally got a (camera) tripod launcher.

After making an adapter (more on that later) to hold 1/8" and 3/16" rods, I went to the soccer field to fly a few this morning.

What a difference!
I'm off the ground, not putting any more strain on my knees.
I have much better control over the angle of the launch rod.
The tripod also makes it easier to get better launch pictures, you are standing up when taking the pictures.
It's easier, cleaner and just looks more professional.

So, get off the ground! I should have done this years ago.
You can move up for around $25.00.

2 comments:

  1. The tripod Adeptor (from Odd'l Rockets) only fits 1/8" and 3/16" size rods.
    A camera tripod stands higher and I wouldn't use it for anything above a smaller F engine. On any larger BP engines (Es and Fs) I hang a full water jug from the hook on the bottom of the tripod.

    ReplyDelete