Thursday, January 20, 2011

LAUNCH! Schoolyard January 20, 2011


Calm skies made for close recoveries this morning.

I hadn't flown my Centuri GROOVE TUBE clone in quite a while.
A Quest A6-4 gave it an easy ride. Full chute and an easy walk to pick it up.

The grass was wet today. I probably spent more time drying off the rockets than flying them.




This picture shows just how small the Micro Goonies are.

That's the carded downscale MISSILE TOE right before flight on a Quest MicroMaxx.

I was still holding the controller and caught it with my left hand, I didn't take a step. That's how I like it, when the rockets come back to you.




The repaired Quest powered FLIC made a return to flight after replacement of a broken Kevlar shock cord.

I noticed a little tail wag on a Estes A10-3t. Full streamer at recovery.





Here's the original 13mm UP! CUP flown on an Estes A10-3t. Vertical and stable with a noticeable "roar" from the engine thrust.

Also flown:
The Micro SKY WRITER had it's 17th successful MMX flight.
It's still going strong! The thin Kevlar shock cord might need replacement soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment