Friday, January 28, 2011

TIP! Engine Marking Idea


This wasn't my idea, full credit goes to Mr. Bill Gibson.

At the last TTRA launch I saw he marked an Estes igniter tape strip with the engine type.
What a simple, smart idea!


I tend to load up my rockets a few days before I fly them.

Sometimes they'll sit ready for days. By the time a launch day rolls around, I might not remember which engine type or delay is in the rocket.
I really don't want to pull out a friction fit engine until after the flight. This lets me know at a glance what I'm flying.

The "X" underneath the engine designation tells me the wadding has been packed.
Often I'll wait until the launch day to pack the wadding when I open and air out the parachutes.
I'll only mark an "X" after the wadding is in place.

1 comment: